Sunday, November 28, 2010

Meal Review: Stouffer's Corn Souffle-- 8.5/10


This morning, as I strolled through the frozen isle of the local small-time grocery market, this caught my eye: Stouffer's Corn Souffle, "Corn baked with skim milk and eggs."

Abso-fackin'-lutely delicious.

If you eat the whole tray, which is actually 2 and a half serving sizes, you're looking at a meal ball-parking around 12.5 grams of fat and under 400 calories.  I will admit, although I am an ample and precarious label-reader, I forgot to realize that the 5g of fat label was only per serving. Nonetheless, as I realize I am taking in 12 and a half grams, I really don't care-- because it's just that good.

And yes, I am well aware that microwaved meals don't exactly make a healthy substitute for a wholesome, home cooked meal or a high-protein salad. I agree. But, with a 'Freshman 15' like effect that school unfortunately has had on me, these sorts of things are lower calorie than 2 and a half slices of restaurant pizza and also allow me to do my piling homework.

The meal is filling, yummy, and quite frankly, the bomb diddles. If you microwave it longer, the top cookes harder and it makes a nice layer of crust. Ohhhh, scrump-diddly-umptiousness!

 The only downside is the whole, "I'm a human and I can't digest cellulose, wah" thing that happens-- in other words, the corn poop. We all know it, we all see it. My proposition, ladies? Don't look at your poop.

Okay, that's all for now. Haha, time to go back to Advanced Placement Biology. Talk about disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment